At Amazon, we’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies, and implement new ways to provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air team!
Amazon Prime Air is seeking a Principal Industry Specialist to act as a primary interface between our team and regulatory bodies around the world in support of airworthiness and operational certification efforts with a focus on safety critical software and airborne electronic hardware certification. This candidate will support the safety, regulatory and compliance initiatives to enable safe and efficient commercial drone delivery operations for our customers globally.
· Oversee development of operational risk assessments and airworthiness design, test and conformity plans to support certification and operational regulatory approvals
· Monitor and advise on regulatory, research and policy initiatives impacting unmanned aircraft
· Play a leadership role representing the business in multi-stakeholder standards and industry activities
· Support our public policy and legal teams on legislative and rule making initiatives
· Support our flight safety team by evaluating and improving upon safety systems and related supporting procedures and materials
· Support UAS Traffic Management (UTM) airspace integration initiatives
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
· 10+ years of relevant aviation engineering experience with functional safety, systems safety and design assurance processes (e.g. DO-160/178/254, 1309 design analysis)
· Experience in airworthiness and safety risk assessment programs
· Experience in aviation related international regulatory, legal or compliance positions
· Experience with matrixed and/or international teams/organizations
· Demonstrated aviation technical leadership in aviation industry standards bodies (e.g. ASTM)
· Experience managing complex projects or programs involving flight test and evaluation BS in science, engineering, or technology field, or equivalent industry experience
· FAA Part 61 FAA pilot’s certificate (or international equivalent), flight training and flight evaluation experience
· Master’s degree and/or equivalent industry experience
· Experience working closely with senior executives
· Experience with data-based safety management systems
· Experience working with international aviation authorities and standards group
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation