Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon and the leader in providing secure, reliable, scalable, and innovative cloud services that help over a million businesses across the globe scale and grow! AWS provides a wide set of scalable cloud storage services to meet customer needs including: elastic file systems (Amazon EFS), object storage (Amazon S3), low-latency block storage (Amazon EBS), extremely low-cost archival storage (Amazon Glacier), and an on-premises virtual appliance that enables customers to integrate their IT infrastructure with AWS Storage (AWS Storage Gateway).
We’re looking for an accomplished Business Development executive to lead the global Storage Business Development (BD) team. As the global head of storage BD, your responsibilities will include defining strategic workloads to drive the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners. You will also develop mechanisms to establish new business in target market segments and enable the global field organization to drive the day-to-day interactions that identify prospects for long-term business opportunities. You will work very closely with the global Sales, Partner, Product Management and Professional Services teams to identify and prioritize areas of focus and opportunity, as well as drive adoption and market penetration within global markets. As the voice of the customer, you'll work closely with service teams to help them evolve the products and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must. You must have a track record of working with emerging technologies, developing new business, and defining/executing on sales strategy to drive growth.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead the Platform Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy as it relates to Amazon Storage
- Help define the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target to grow the business.
- Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales, services, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Work closely with customers to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
- Relevant technical knowledge is essential including: enterprise storage SAN, NAS, and object storage, cloud storage landscape, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, content delivery networks (CDNs) etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between storage services and discuss which workloads would apply to various AWS solution
· 10+ years of technical business development, strategic partnerships, or product management experience
· 5-10 years selling technology, preferably cloud, hosted and managed services in technology industry
· Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen
· Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
· Experience selling to Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 organizations
· Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc)
· MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.