Advertising is one of the hottest growing areas at Amazon. Our Demand Side Platform (DSP) is becoming increasingly popular with major advertisers worldwide and is competing head-to-head with the big players in the space. We believe we understand e-commerce advertising better than anybody else and want to turn it into a science of its own that all advertisers can leverage for their programmatic advertising.
As a Sr. Manager you will own a large portion of our services team that works with our enterprise agency and advertiser clients to drive adoption of our DSP. Your team will consist of consultants providing services to enable our DSP customers to drive positive ROI for their programmatic advertising strategies. You will also own a team of solutions architects to drive data and campaign management integrations with client trading desks.
The right person for this role is highly capable of leading through influence across business, operations, and technology. You have a great track record of delivering complex projects and have impressed your stakeholders at all levels with your ability to communicate both written and verbally. You have demonstrated problem-solving capabilities across both technical and non-technical teams. You know how to scale resources, processes, and tools to support a fast growing, startup like business and have a keen understanding of how to create the right leverage points within your team to ensure that the solution to every problem is not to simply increase headcount.
This position requires a candidate who has proven leadership ability, thrives on ambiguity, and is a self-starter. This leader must influence, motivate and lead others to meet the challenges in a highly customer-centric environment and must think, plan, and act like the owner of a business.
The successful candidate will:
· Navigate a high level of ambiguity. You love whitespace, identify key business problems to prioritize on behalf of the business, then present the solutions to solve those problems.
· Create, manage, and deliver on complex organizational charters in a fast changing environment. You are experienced with aligning organizational design to drive the most value for the customer and executing against that charter.
· Thrive on technology and data and have expertise in monitoring and managing a large services organization to maximum efficiency, productivity, and quality
· Execute the effective and efficient delivery of customer experience improvements through service improvements
· Anticipate bottlenecks, assess risks, mitigate issues, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs
· Have strong analytical skills and be comfortable working with data to develop new opportunity areas, track program metrics, and use findings to influence business decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5+ years’ of senior leadership experience.
- Experience building and managing a technical services organization
- Decisive, confident, and experience with influencing others.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment when working in stressful situations.
- Facilitation experience at all levels of the organization and to audiences of all sizes.
- Strong sense of urgency and personal commitment.
- Quantitative analytical abilities, experience with “big data.”
- Masters degree
- Experience communicating goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels of an organization
- Applied knowledge of measurement, statistics and program evaluation
- 10+ years of leadership experience in managing direct reports and/or a team