You: Alexa, I am looking for a new career opportunity, where I could conduct applied research, impact millions of customers, and publish about it in top conferences. What do you suggest?
Alexa: The Alexa Shopping team is looking for brilliant applied researchers to help me become the best personal shopping assistant. Do you want to hear more?
You: Yes, please!
Alexa: As an applied researcher in the Alexa Shopping Research team, you will be responsible for research, design, and implementation of new AI technologies for voice assistants. You will collaborate with scientists, engineers, and product partners locally and abroad. Your work will inventing, experimenting with, and launching new features, products and systems. Ideally you have a expertise in at least one of the following fields: Web search & data mining, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Speech Processing or Artificial Intelligence, with both hands-on experience and publications at top relevant academic venues.
· PhD in Computer Science, or related field
· Strong CS foundations (data structures and algorithms)
· 5 years of experience post PhD
· Excellent coding and design skills, proficiency with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, or Python
· Several publications at first-tier peer-reviewed research conferences or journals
· Served as Program Committee member in at least one top tier conference
· Good writing and verbal English skills
· Strong communication and collaboration skills
· Publications at top Web, Search, Machine Learning, Natural-Language Processing, Computer Vision conferences such as KDD, WSDM, TheWebConf, SIGIR, ICML, NeurIPS, ACL, EMNLP, AAAI, CVPR, etc.
· Served as Senior Program Committee Member, organized workshops or tutorials at top conferences
· Industrial experience in building and launching AI-related features, products or systems
· Solid knowledge of big data and cloud technologies (e.g., Spark, AWS, etc.)