Amazon.com and its subsidiaries are leaders in the online retail industry, enabling customers WW to purchase millions of unique items. The WW Traffic team is specifically chartered with the responsibility of marketing our products, and to drive traffic to Amazon to increase sales. As Amazon.com seeks to increase its presence in many countries with different customer behaviors, one of our biggest challenges is to increase the awareness of our product selection and price to customers, and to make us the premier online shopping company.
The WW Traffic team employs several advertising channels to be able to bring customers to Amazon – Paid Search, Free Search, Core Associates, Enterprise Associates, Email marketing, Goldbox deals, Online Display, Social Media, Browser Integration and Life stage marketing. We have systems that are able to monitor customer behavior on Amazon.com, correlate purchases and browsing history on the internet, and come up with intelligent advertising campaigns that would maximize the benefit to Amazon. We do this by calculating the probability of a customer making a purchase because of an advertisement, the cost of showing that advertisement, and make a data based decision on what advertisement is best to surface.
Amazon’s Deals team is looking for experienced, innovative, results-oriented Web Development Engineers. Successful candidates are enthusiastic about web services, e-commerce and capable of translating high-level, ambiguous business goals to working software solutions. You must be comfortable taking initiative and working across teams. Our engineers are top-notch software developers who love working as a team and proactively take the lead whenever necessary. You will work closely with Amazon traffic technology and Amazon core systems to build state of the art web services to provide programmatic access to Amazon features and data.
· Participate in the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters
· Create and deliver front-end software that is correct, stable, low latency, highly performant, fault tolerant, secure, cross browser compliant and 100% accessibility compliant.
· Own one of the top 10 pages in terms of customer visits on amazon retail website.
· Own widgets/features that are regularly used on most of the top 5 retail pages which drive traffic and revenue to amazon including browse, gateway and detail.
· Build UX features that serve enormous traffic including events like Prime Day and Black Friday.
· Design and develop CDN based contingency plans that enable widgets with graceful fallback strategy to support cases even when the rendering platforms are down.
· Build UX components which are efficient with resource usage (e.g., network bandwidth usage, application footprint on memory and CPU, caching strategy, respectful of customer’s devices, etc.).
· 4+ years of experience as a growth engineer, web developer or similar role.
· Experience developing AJAX interfaces with AJAX libraries and frameworks.
· Experience developing web-based user interfaces for mobile and desktop.
· Solid understanding of software development methodologies and processes.
· Bachelor's degree in web development, software engineering, computer science, or equivalent professional experience.
· Master's degree or relevant work experience
· Experience developing for mobile devices (IOS, Android)
· A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
· Will have experience designing and supporting large-scale distributed systems in a production environment
· Ideal candidates will show excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.