Amazon Video is disrupting the traditional television and movie industry with a massive selection of high-quality media for live streaming and download. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and low operating costs which translate into affordable prices for our customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, whether we're on the road, cramped in an airplane seat, or enjoying a show from the comfort of the living room sofa.
Amazon Live Video (part of prime video offering) delivers Live TV and Live Events, including many sports leagues (NFL, ATP, AVP, UFC) to Windows and MacOS PCs, portable devices, gaming consoles, and smart TVs. Today, we serve customers in the US, Japan, UK, and Germany, and we aspire to grow-- a lot.
The Live Operation team delivers consistent, elite customer experiences which "just work" for everyday consumers. We build reliable, high performance live experiences, and we take ownership of the end-to-end live streaming experience-- from the live encoding core platform out through AIV's client applications. Our team makes a big impact because nothing is more important to us than pleasing our customers, continually earning their trust, and thinking long term. If you crave a sense of ownership, this is the place to be.
* Work within Global Live Operations to enable and execute the growth of the live operations business globally.
* Lead an operations team to execute and maintain highest standards
* Attract, recruit, manage, and mentor great Live Ops engineers maintaining a high bar of performance
* Promote innovation and provide clear and challenging vision and ensure that the right resources are in place to deliver.
* Define and continuously improve success metrics
* Manage continuous improvement in quality and satisfaction by ensuring appropriate quality processes that meet internal/external customer requirements.
* Perform frequent quality reviews
* Investigate and recommend approaches and systems that meet quality, performance and sustainability criteria
* Create operational run-books for events and services; automate where possible
Experience running operations teams with run books, SOPs, and escalation procedures.
Proven abilities and passionate about mentoring and leading a team for live video operations and delivery
Demonstrated experience managing staff for live events
Deep understanding of live streaming, broadcast operations
Operation experience for large scale live events
Knowledge of video codecs, video playback and common streaming protocols.
Proven record delivering large audience events for news, sports and entertainment.
Background in developing and supporting new methods for live video delivery.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet