Important : you must be GCC national to apply.
Please send your CV in English.
Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 41 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 4,000 employees, We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India, offering a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
We are currently seeking a Procurement Category Manager to lead and be responsible for multiple Fulfilment Centers' (FC) Procurement in Saudi Arabia. This individual will support negotiations and secure a range of services and supplies for cross-functional teams whilst driving cost out of the supply chain.
Key Tasks/ Responsibilities:
· Develop and manage a dependable, cost effective and balanced network supply chain for all shipping supplies, which includes contingency planning for peak shipping periods
· Support negotiations / flow for all new country FC start-ups, which includes working with cross-functional teams to secure long lead time capital purchases, optimizing indirect procurement supply chain and establishing multi-year contracts
· Lead / participate in large cross-functional network cost-out projects as well as capturing and partnering with Finance to validate local FC related opportunities
· Responsible for developing a strong FC procurement capabilities able to scale with the network demands on a long term planning horizon
· Drive 100% compliance to policies and procedures
· Lead the responsible site procurement teams to deliver set KPIs and objectives
· Drive appropriate commercial relationships with category suppliers, with a principal objective of achieving the lowest total cost of ownership that meets the business’ goals supported by a culture of continuous improvement with cost & performance benchmarks in use
· Establish category sourcing strategies, collaborate with cross-functional strategic sourcing teams, negotiate with suppliers and execute contracts to optimize the company's competitive position
· Manage category suppliers to proactively identify, monitor and optimize opportunities
· Act as a market intelligence turntable regarding categories, anticipate strategic opportunities and keep key stakeholders informed
· Drive category suppliers in Supplier Relationship Management activities to improve performance and add value to Amazon operations
· Identify, achieve and report on savings and benefits targets for category sourcing activities
· Drive elimination of ‘waste’ within FC Procurement processes in order to define best and standardized practice across the network
· Ensuring full availability non-inventory materials to the FCs
· Deliver FC Procurement effectiveness for operational spend
· Development of forecasts across categories and automating forecasting methods
· A completed Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from an accredited university
· CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) accreditation is an asset
· Strong interpersonal and networking skills
· High precision in verbal and written communication
· Proficiency in using ERP systems (SAP, ORACLE, COUPA) in large organizations
· Previous experience of 7+ years in sourcing/purchasing and category management (including supplier relationship management).
· Experience in an international company with regional/global exposure
· Strong contract management knowledge and price negotiation experience
· Well versed with Oracle, COUPA and MS Office and other e-procurement tools
· Experience in Just in Time Inventory Management, Kaizen, Lean Six Sigma (LSS)
· Must have process improvement experience
· 2+ years previous managerial experience of hourly and preferable salaried employees
· Experience in managing indirect categories such as shipping supplies, packaging, facility management and HR Services (RPO, Temporary Labor) and others
· e-Commerce / FMCG procurement experience
· Strong experience of working in an ambiguous and start-up environment
· Previous experience of dealing with internal and external stakeholders at the C-Level
· Ability to handle pressure well
· MCIPS accreditation