Amazon seeks a Finance Manager to support Consumables Strategic Initiatives in Low-ASP (Average Selling Price).
Would you like to help unlock a major opportunity for Amazon and its customers? Selling low-ASP, everyday pack size staples can be a challenge in eCommerce. Heavy items with low retail price (soda, shampoo, laundry detergent) can stretch the economics of online retail, but are some of the most commonly purchased and used products by customers. This role will be part of a team working to define new strategies to win in this very important space for Amazon.
This role will offer a blend of strategic thinking and analysis and would involve:
· Developing a deep understanding of the economics of Amazon's different business models and fulfillment needs
· Creating an economic framework that captures short-term and long-term value
· Recommending and experimenting with new selection strategies or business models to deliver an improved customer experience and economic value for Amazon
· Communicating findings and recommendations to senior company leaders
The successful candidate would be comfortable working in a multi-functional team, would have a strong history in analytics, should be comfortable with ambiguity, and have strong communication skills.
· BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
· Minimum 7 years of finance experience, or master's degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Demonstrated financial acumen and/or analytical experience including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and/or data interpretation and analysis
· 5+ years of experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
· Advanced knowledge of Excel
· Measured experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
· Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to develop new ideas, creative solutions and demonstrated experience implementing such mechanisms to result
· Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
· Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and levels of management
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos) and providing recommendations based on results of ad hoc analyses to management for strategic decision-making
· Previous experience in a Manufacturing, Distribution Center or Logistics processes and systems a plus
· Experience building models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
· Advanced analytical skills and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· Strong interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills
· The ideal candidate will be comfortable with large volumes of complex data and presenting their findings to senior management
· MBA preferred
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.