The Amazon Private Brands EU team is creating a global portfolio of premium consumables products and is looking for an entrepreneurial, experienced, and analytical Commercialization Program Manager. This position will focus on developing and managing all the technical aspects of launching new products to ensure products gain good customer ratings, and are a credible alternative to branded benchmarks. Post launch they will monitor customer feedback and identify and develop action plans for areas of improvements (customer ratings, cost optimization). Will also lead product cost optimization projects in line wit business priorities. They will bring experience and knowledge of food, pet food and food supplements and non food categories to the commercial team and help steer & support private label sourcing and ranging decisions. They will also help select and develop the best possible supplier base to deliver great products, innovation, safety and value. They will a drive supplier performance rating process to identify improvements or re-sourcing opportunities to deliver cost and/or product improvements.
The role will be involved from new product concept to production manufacturing and scale up, through to the launch of the product. They will work directly with suppliers and internal cross-functional stakeholders to facilitate successful product launches. This role requires expertise in food manufacture, in depth knowledge of consumer packaged goods development and manufacturing and legal restraints. The individual must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational skills, proven effectiveness in leading cross-functional teams, a high bar for quality, strong customer obsession, and a track record of operating in a dynamic environment. They will also possess a proven ability to lead, influence and steer diverse cross-functional teams. The successful candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and be motivated by a fast-paced start up environment.
The Program Manager will be responsible for:
· Drive product and supplier cost reduction activities in line with business priorities
· Working with Category Managers to ensure product selection is appropriate for the marketplace and meets or exceeds customer expectations.
· Drive food, non-food and pet food products specification – including defining category tiering, brand values and definition of requirements for the brief and risk assessment.
· Support category teams in supplier selection and sourcing strategy to develop an optimized supply base.
· Drive production trials and coordinate supplier readiness pre first production (together with FS and QA)
· In coordination with QA and cat team, define product lifecycle and product improvements driven by customer reviews. Manage product improvement process driven by customer reviews input.
· Identify and drive post-launch continuous improvement projects to improve products and cost.
· Support marketing objectives and response to customer feedback and expectations.
· Collaborating with other members of the Amazon PB Consumables team including Food Safety, Sourcing Management, and Category Management to lead a successful scale up process for new product lines
· Develop a network of internal (e.g. country retail teams) and external (e.g. consultants, trade associations) advisors for category specific understanding and initiatives
· Also post launch, defining product life cycles as per customer input (when do we need to update recipes, product look, etc.)
· BA/BS in Chemical Engineering, Food technology or Engineering, Quality Engineering or related field
· 5+ years of experience in Food Retail, CPG Project Management, manufacturing, operations, and product & supplier quality management systems, with both production quality and head office (country, region or global) quality management experience
· Experience in daily-use, high-repeat purchase product categories such as Grocery, Impulse, Biscuits, Snacks, Nuts, Fruits, Canned Goods, Baby Food, Tea, Coffee and Beverages.
· Experience with cGMP, HACCP, manufacturing methods, process and continuous improvement programs and procedures.
· Project and Program management experience in new product introduction and successfully introduced new products to volume production
· Direct responsibility for defining production process chain and equipment requirements for new product manufacturing
· Experience communicating and presenting project status updates to senior management
· Experience with Product Lifecycle Management systems
· Fluency in English and an additional European language are a must
· Master’s degree
· Proven track record for successful execution of CPG product launches.
· Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key internal and external partners that have resulted in high customer satisfaction
· Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data
· Outstanding writing, presentation and communication skills
· The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization / time management and problem solving skills
· Demonstrated ability to own projects, think big, act quickly, and influence across all levels of an organization
· Curiosity to dig several layers deep into metrics, have an innate desire to understand key drivers and whether they are the correct or best metrics to measure / manage a business or process.
· Diversified experience with entire product lifecycle and supply chain (R&D, scale-up, operations management, consumer feedback)
· Certification in Six Sigma Black Belt and Lean manufacturing