Amazon GuardDuty is a customer facing threat detection service that was built to protect applications and services running in AWS. The service processes trillions of events and applies advanced analytics and machine learning to detect threats. If you are interested in learning about operating a service at massive scale and working alongside world class engineers, then this role is for you.
The Amazon GuardDuty team is looking for a strong software engineer to help build the future of the service. The team interacts with Math PhD's and security researchers to codify security analytics into the service. The researchers use various Machine/Deep Learning algorithms to build new detections for the service. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems for assisting our customers with security and compliance.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer with a strong knowledge of distributed systems to develop a new and innovative security service. This position is on a new team that you will be joining at its inception and it will have a startup feel. You must enjoy working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment and be passionate not only about building good software but also ensuring that the same software achieves its goals in operational reality.
· BS in Computer Science, Math, or some other algorithmic-centric discipline
· 3+ years of professional experience in software development
· 3+ years of experience in Java or C++ development
· 2+ years of experience with object oriented design
· 1+ years of experience leading the delivery of large-scale distributed systems
· 3+ years of experience with scalable, API based agent or service oriented software architecture
· 3+ years of experience with agile development or similar methodologies for continuous development of product and technology
· MS in Computer Science, Math, or some other algorithmic-centric discipline
· Experience building network security systems such as firewalls, unified threat management, and virtual private network technologies
· Data-driven and quantitative mentality. Always backs up ideas with facts.
· Experience developing complex enterprise focused applications
· Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced environment – previous startup experience a plus
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.