The Senior Manager, Community Affairs, is responsible for managing community affairs and policy communications for Amazon in New York City with a focus on developing a positive partnership with local stakeholders, community groups and nonprofits.
This successful candidate will be a primary point of contact for a range of external stakeholders seeking information or opportunities to work with Amazon on its local investment. This includes building strong, collaborative partnerships with community groups in and around our Long Island City headquarters and beyond. S/he will have the ability to listen to,relate to and earn the trust of a broad array of external parties. This will require either existing relationships or passion for developing community relationships.
The role works closely with teams across the company, including senior leadership, global real estate, human resources, corporate affairs, corporate social responsibility and several fast growing business within Amazon to support the company’s regional investment.
· Establish local community affairs in Greater New York City and collaboratively foster positive partnerships with local community groups and nonprofits.
· Manage local reactive PR issues in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
· Deliver strategic counsel to internal executives.
· Track and measure impact of communications activities
· Minimum of 10 years of community affairs and communications experience.
· Expertise navigating community affairs, government relations and media relations.
· Excellent written, listening and oral communications skills.
· Self-starter with strong bias for action who is comfortable working autonomously.
· Excellent judgement in high profile, high-pressure environments.
· Creative thinker who is excited about building and delivering big ideas.
· A team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Track record of proven work with community groups and/or nonprofits.
· Strong local relationships across the New York City region with political and community stakeholders.
· Executive communication experience.
· Internal communications experience.
· High business acuteness.
· Ability to grasp detailed policy issues.