Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable Domain Name System (DNS) service offered by Amazon Web Services. We operate in over 70 locations worldwide and provide advanced functionality such as latency-based routing (LBR), Private DNS, Geo DNS routing, DNS failover, and integration with a plethora of AWS services. On top of that, we offer fast change propagation with a 100% availability SLA. Our service is quickly growing and we're expanding in multiple directions: adding new features and functionality to our DNS services, better traffic management, new AWS integrations, improving our health check capabilities, and expanding with new services in the naming and routing space.
We are looking for experienced System Development Engineers to build out automation of critical service reliability and efficiency functions that ensures massively scaled, fault-tolerant and globally distributed service for our customers.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Identifying and developing processes, tools, automation, and software changes to address top operational issues
· Working in close collaboration with software development leadership and support operations technical leads to shape the future roadmap and establish strong operational readiness across teams
· Leading change to develop simple, elegant solutions to complex operational or reliability challenges
· troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production software issues (C/C++, Java, Ruby, Python),
· Creating and enhancing regression metrics and automated tests
You will diagnose complex problems, develop metrics to measure them and monitoring solutions to manage them. You will build automation and systems to maintain good “fleet hygiene” and software and hardware lifecycle management.
Roles within Route 53 are much more dynamic than a traditional enterprise. Developers equally participate in ops tasks including customer outreach and the on-call rotation. We find that this overlap of roles helps to ensure that the engineers who own software can also experience it in production and are motivated to actively maintain it.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
· This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
· 2+ years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
· Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Expert skill in one modern programming language such as C, C++, or Java, and proficiency with one other programming language
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
· Strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience.
· Experience implementing servers in a Linux environment.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this roll
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
**For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com.**
If you’re interested in learning more about this role and others that are similar, please join AWS recruiters at our next virtual open house: