Amazon Web Services is the industry’s leading cloud computing platform, providing a range of services for developers and IT professionals that lower costs and transform how they build applications.
The Developer Evangelist - Online and Streaming Content for Amazon Web Services will join an experienced and energetic organization responsible for driving the development and adoption of AWS services across the globe by enabling developer success. You’ll combine your enthusiasm and creativity to generate grass-roots support and adoption of AWS among key industry opinion makers and technologists in the developer community, primarily through creating online and streaming content on platforms like Twitch, Stack Overflow, and Reddit.
Ideally, you’re someone who comes from a software development or architecture background with a significant track record in creating products, applications or services. You have a strong desire to teach others, both in person and on camera, and have the ability to keep your audience entertained while sharing knowledge. You will educate and engage the community on technologies you firmly believe in through a variety of content formats, such as live coding, tutorials and demos, online forums, and interviews. Your knowledge and authenticity quickly earns trust and credibility with all kinds of technical professionals. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so.
You don’t just want to be part of an industry movement, you want to be out front leading it.
· 5+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure and/or software development, with special emphasis on cloud computing platforms and distributed applications
· Computer Science or Software Engineering Degree (or equivalent experience)
· Significant experience working in a community management, developer relations or technology evangelist role
· Willingness to travel and ability to work autonomously
· Verbal and written communication in English, with the ability to captivate and educate audiences of all technical skill levels in person, live on camera, and in online communities
· Experience creating and hosting live streaming content on Twitch or similar platforms
· Live coding ability and strong pair programming skills
· Established credibility and recognition in speaking engagements, technology publications, and on platforms such as Reddit, Stack Overflow, and Hacker News
· Outstanding content creation, public speaking and presentation skills
· Practical experience in cloud computing architecture work, systems or application design, development or operations, especially utilizing AWS
· Social and online marketing ability with prior experience in product definition, bring-to-market strategies, and managing product feedback
· Extensive industry contacts in the field of software development
Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age