Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, personable, and detail-oriented Analyst Relations (AR) Manager to help drive its Serverless and Containers AR programs. The AR Manager will create and drive strategy and tactics to effectively communicate key differentiators for AWS services.
The AWS cloud computing platform is used today by millions of businesses and developers around the world, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50 enterprises. Cloud computing is arguably one of the most impactful developments in technology within the last 20 years. AWS is a leader in the fast-growing field of cloud computing. Because of this, there are thousands of analysts worldwide who are trying to understand AWS to then help their clients realize the transformation potential of cloud computing for their businesses. The AR role informs these analysts and explains how AWS is different from traditional IT infrastructure offerings, and works with them to understand core customer requirements and concerns.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in analyst relations/communications with technology companies. S/he should have a successful track record of being able to quickly understand technically deep topics, deliver on numerous collaborative projects, and manage day-to-day operations related to program activities in a global organization. In this role, the candidate will have a direct opportunity to innovate AWS AR programs and measurement of results via new approaches. S/he must be comfortable with balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution while working independently, sorting through ambiguity, and identifying market challenges and opportunities for our customers.
· Develop and execute AR programs to educate the analyst community on serverless and containers
· Proactively manage vendor ratings as needed, and secure positive placement of AWS services in key reports
· Drive analyst awareness of AWS product offerings and significantly expand analyst understanding of AWS differentiators
· Deliver ongoing AR program activities such as analyst briefings, events, inquiries, reporting and other core program tactics
· Prioritize and manage incoming requests for information, research review, customer references, event speakers, and research
· Prepare AWS executives for engaging with analysts
· 8+ years of analyst relations/communications/product marketing experience in the tech industry
· 4+ years of experience directly interacting with Gartner, Forrester and other major IT industry analyst firms
· Excellent written and oral communications skills
· Clearly understands technology and can abstract business/solution value
· Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership
· Able to prioritize in a complex, dynamic environment
· Demonstrated ability to form authentic, trust-based relationships with clients and colleagues
· Bachelor’s Degree in marketing/communications/technology-related field
· Previous experience in cloud computing via product programs or a Marketing/communications role
· Experience managing vendor evaluations for Gartner Magic Quadrants and Forrester Waves
· Passion for working in a lean, fast-paced organization, and desire to own and refine key operational processes
· Desire to grow with the team and take on additional responsibilities
· Natural tendency to invent, simplify, and take innovative approach to AR