The AWS Amplify services include AWS Amplify, Device Farm, AppSync, AWS Mobile SDKs and the Amplify Framework. Our mission is to expand the toolset and improve the developer experience of mobile app so they can focus on building great innovative experiences for their customers. We enable developers to create high-quality apps that are scalable, secure, and highly available by integrating a broad range of AWS services seamlessly into their apps.
As a member of the team, you will:
· Deliver a lot of high quality code
· Work closely with the product team and other AWS teams to deliver on the team’s technical vision
· Drive team discussions on system architecture and component design
· Lead development and launch of core features and products
· Participate in all stages of the software development cycle, including design and development of significant new architectural systems and improvements
· Participate in estimation and sprint planning
· Mentor junior team members
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline
· Strong UX design skills and sound knowledge of UX best practices with the ability to incorporate into solutions.
· Expert/Strong knowledge in browser and Web APIs
· Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
· A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms and deftness at object-oriented design and systems architecture
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Experience working with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.)
· Eagerness to adopt a lead role in mentoring and developing others.
· Experience building large-scale web services
· AWS product experience and development using the AWS platform
· Ability to comfortably work in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
· Keen interest in staying current with the latest trends and techniques in the industry
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation