Amazon is seeking a disruptive and groundbreaking thinker to provide strategic and tactical leadership over a team of central personnel in support of our field based Reliability, Maintenance and Engineering (RME) teams, store and FC operations team, EHS and Food Safety partners. The goal of the Amazon RME organization is to deliver zero equipment downtime to our Operations Partners. To meet this goal, we are continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services in the area of Amazon Transportation Services (ATS), Amazon Logistics (AMZL), and Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF).
The RME Deployment Lead proactively solves impending business challenges across multiple business units to build and deploy future equipment that is robust, bullet proof and effective without requiring a dedicated team of RME FTEs to maintain. Additionally, this person will build the tools to remotely support new businesses at scale as they transition from scrappy to more inherently complex business models.
· Build processes, structure, metrics/KPI’s, and SLA’s to deliver efficiencies, cost savings, and operations excellence in order to drive the business forward
· Design and influence operational best practices for reporting and analytics to enable the team to scale as we grow presence in new and existing territories
· Prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks
· Ability to tTravel up to 50%
· Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of Amazon Experience
· 2+ years of experience with the management of the introduction of new technologies in complex operating environments, managing new product development teams, or robotics development
· 2+ years of experience in project management experience including planning work, managing details, coordinating and keeping multiple tasks/projects on track and delivering reliable results
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as instructional technology, educational technology, organizational development, etc.
· 5+ years of work experience with solid career progression in the field of Reliability and Maintenance Engineering, Automation Engineering, or Program Management
· Automation Engineering, Autocad Proficiency, and Robotic or PLC Programming
· Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and competing priorities
· Excellent communication skills for the purpose of knowledge transfer, tool development, and scope development
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
· Strong focus on internal customers’ needs and satisfaction, with an emphasis on demonstrating return on investment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.