In 2015, Amazon announced the launch of Amazon Business, a new marketplace on Amazon.com that combines the selection, convenience and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new features and unique benefits tailored to businesses. In the last year Amazon Business has grown significantly surpassing $10B in sales and attracting millions of business customers.
The Professional Healthcare & Scientific team is looking for a self-driven Senior Vendor Management candidate that has a proven track record of delivering results in a B2B industry. He/She will play a critical role in managing strategic suppliers to drive the profitability and topline performance for their category and partnering with the Amazon Business team to drive growing of the strategically important Healthcare and Education customer segments.
The Senior Vendor Manager is responsible for managing the full scope of their category and vendor portfolio, driving the topline performance and profitability for their business. He/she owns the end-to-end vendor relationship, from signing new vendors, leading negotiations, managing promotional activities and resolving operational or logistics issues that impact our customer. He/she will leverage key metrics to develop customer insights to drive innovation, and will leverage these insights to drive vendor participation in marketing, merchandising and promotional activities in order to drive overall business growth.
The ideal candidate will balance their responsibilities as a Senior Vendor Manager with setting the vision for new programs and delivering high impact projects. He/She will be able to effectively work cross-functionally with finance, marketing, operations, sales, compliance, and legal. This is a great opportunity for a results-oriented, entrepreneurial individual who knows how to identify market needs and opportunities, invent creative solutions to address those opportunities, and build best in class internal processes and programs to improve the supplier and customer experience. They will be able to define product objectives and roadmaps, maintain focus and drive ideas from conception to delivery.
· Evaluates products and services to continually drive quality of customer experience
· Aggregates and escalates industry trends; ensures team prioritizes customer obsession
· Identifies opportunities to differentiate our customer experience from the competition
· Develops long-term strategies and significantly influences cross-category buying processes and standards as well as cross-category vendor negotiations
· Develops and implements action plans based on deep-dive analysis of product line metrics
· Provides recommendation on business opportunities and long-term strategy for multiple sub-categories
· Expands current vendor selection and secures new brand selection for multiple subcategories
· Focuses on strategic holdout or challenging vendors to increase category selection
· Drives strategic negotiations to deliver top- and bottom-line category growth
· Builds long-term relationships by creating value, opportunities for growth, customer acquisition, and brand-building for multiple vendors
· Increases vendor participation through deep knowledge of program opportunities
· Dives deep into inputs and understands the downstream impact of changes to pricing, selection, and convenience for multiple subcategories.
· Owns the Retail P & L for multiple subcategories; develops plans that drive revenue and margin improvement for the business
· Creates strategic and prioritized vendor marketing plan that maximizes margin dollars and customer experience
· Audits all elements of multiple subcategory businesses
· Identifies areas that need vendor attention and directs team to address issues; acts as escalation point, helping team and vendor(s) resolve conflicts
· Identifies scalable changes to the category that automate the product lifecycle management process
· Works with internal technical, cross-category, and tech teams to drive multi-system process changes
· Holds team accountable for maintaining robust process documentation
· Provides regular peer feedback and coaching
· Implements Amazon’s best recruiting practices and continuously raises the bar for hiring
· Bachelor’s degree
· Professional experience influencing internal and external stakeholders
· Proficiency with Excel
· Up to 10% Travel required
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Statistics, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain or Engineering
· MBA or related graduate degree Preferred
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
· Supply chain, inventory management, finance, vendor and/or project management experience
· Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment
· Strong proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL, and statistics software
· Experience in building and developing a high performance team
· Proven ability to manage large and complicated projects with experience leading cross-functional projects and teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.