Amazon’s Alexa is a cloud-based voice service that powers Amazon’s groundbreaking voice-powered devices Echo, Dot, Tap, Echo Show and more. These devices are part of Amazon’s vision to build a computer in the cloud that is completely controlled by your voice. This role will be supporting Alexa leadership by growing our understanding of the customer lifecycle and measuring initiatives aimed at driving incremental engagement among Alexa customers.
Amazon is seeking an experienced Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer who is a master of both data insights and relationship-building. Primary areas of focus will be:
· Defining and automating key business metrics
· Analyzing customer behavior to determine drivers of engagement
· Reporting and analyzing results of A/B experimentation
· Driving data democratization throughout Alexa, enabling others the ability to self-serve metrics and reporting
· Using expertise of Alexa data sources to drive data modeling and instrumentation improvements.
The successful candidate will be an expert with SQL, ETL (and general data wrangling) and have exemplary communication skills. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail. The candidate will know and love working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner with customers to answer key business questions. They will also have the opportunity to display skills in the following areas:
· Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions
· Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
· 5+ years of years of relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence, market research or related field
· Experience gathering business requirements, using industry standard business intelligence tool(s) to extract data, formulate metrics and build reports
· Experience using SQL, ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
· Experience with large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
· Experience architecting large scale BI solutions
· Experience communicating analytical outcomes to both business and technical teams
· Graduate degree in computer science, business, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
· Both technically deep and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects across functional teams, including engineering, IT, product management, marketing, finance, and operations
· Knowledge of Advanced SQL and a programming language (Python, R, or others)
· Experience with data visualization using Tableau or similar tools
· Experience with statistical analysis using R/SAS/Matlab or similar tools
· Proven track record of successful communication of analytical outcomes through written communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.