Are you interested in influencing the way people think about deploying applications in the cloud? Are you a passionate developer who wants to help build a community of some of the brightest minds in the industry? Are you excited about being hands on with new technology including containers, serverless, machine learning, microservices, and modern application development? If so, come join the AWS Elastic Beanstalk team and help us redefine how developers run applications on AWS.
AWS Elastic Beanstalk is looking for a talented, self-directed Senior Developer Advocate who will be the voice of the developer and help us define and drive the next evolution of application services for AWS. This is a ground floor opportunity to become the lead Elastic Beanstalk Developer Advocate and define the overall role and program for the team while building a strong developer community and feature pipeline. As a Developer Advocate you'll be expected to dive deep into new technologies, work across multiple AWS teams, engage with customers at all levels, build a strong community of developers, and help define a forward looking strategy to meet customer needs.
Ideally, you’re someone who can build tools and content for developers, but has an unmet need to seed developer communities and programs around a technology you heartily believe in. You have immediate credibility with developers and other technologists, but are equally at home working with decision makers at large enterprises. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You don’t just want to be part of an industry movement, you want to be out front leading it. If this sounds like you, this is your dream job.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist, and keynote speaker at meetups, technology conferences, trade shows and press events
· Actively participating in open source projects and being a strong voice in the open source community
· Building a community of developers to help shape and drive adoption of Elastic Beanstalk
· Creating sample applications, tech talks, live streams, white papers and tutorials about emerging technologies and Elastic Beanstalk integrations
· Maintaining a strong and credible presence in social media channels relevant to developers
· Being the voice of developers internally and ensuring Elastic Beanstalk provides an unparalleled developer experience
· Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline
· 5+ years in software development with hands on experience with programming languages such as Java, Node.js, Python, Ruby, PHP, Go, and .NET
· Strong technical acumen and understanding of emerging disruptive technologies, like cloud computing, open source software, or software as a service
· Superior oral and written communication skills
· Experience building a developer community
· Experience in contributing or building Open Source projects
· A willingness to travel and the ability to work autonomously
· Ability to present with authority at large conferences and ability to dive deep into customer's problems as an architect and guide.
· 3+ years’ experience hands-on with 1 or more public cloud provider
· Experience hands-on with AWS services including AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon ECS/EKS, and AWS CloudFormation
· An active participant in social media platforms such as Twitter, YouTube, Medium, GitHub, and Twitch
· Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences, with the ability to dive-deep on technical and architectural details with customers
· Experience creating and delivering content to technical audiences in person or virtually
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.