Are you excited about the cloud computing industry and leveraging cutting edge data analytics technologies and methodologies? Are you interested in driving business decisions through data analysis, reporting, and KPIs? Do you want to work in a leading edge Specialized Sales and Business Development team focused on helping customers, AWS, and partners to build compelling business cases to move to AWS, take actions to drive the most value from their AWS investment, and measure the value realized?
AWS Sales is seeking a Specialized Sales Operations Analyst to work with the WW, APAC, EMEA, US, and Japan Specialized Sales teams to continuously evolve forecasting models, analyze historic results, and make business recommendations to senior management based on those analyses – all in an environment of rapid growth and increasing complexity. This will include working with the Specialized Sales leadership to develop, implement and manage the business processes, systems, reports and strategies that optimize business functions to meet organizational goals and initiatives. In this role, you will work closely with members of the sales and business development teams to ensure we are capturing and surfacing the best data and information to make optimal business decisions across our global program. Successful candidates will be analytical with business acumen, and detail driven with excellent problem solving skills.
The successful candidate must be able to roll-up their sleeves, and work directly with the models/data. You will be passionate about your work, detail-oriented, analytical, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. You will be experienced at working with large data sets and the technical tools needed to work with them. You will have superb communication and customer-relationship skills, outstanding analytic insight, and be a passionate advocate for your customers to other internal parties. You will drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, have excellent project-management skills, and be able to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
The candidate should also have strong communication and project management skills, enabling them to work with key business stakeholders to understand requirements and shape analytical deliverables. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-organizationally. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 3-6+ years of industry experience in data analysis
· Experience in SQL and manipulating large data sets in a database
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
· 3+ years experience in dashboarding, data visualization, and reporting with tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or AWS QuickSight
· 3+ years advanced proficiency in Excel (including VBA, Macros, Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, etc)
· Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization
· Proven experience working with sales systems and tools such as CRM, variable compensation, and revenue reporting
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of supporting a variety of stakeholders
· Exhibits sound business judgment and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and providing clear answers to complex problems
· Experience with business-process design
· Experience working within a high-growth, technology company
· Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented
· Strong problem solving and collaboration skills
· Experience in prioritization of deliverables and tasks
This position is available in all US office locations, including but not limited to Seattle, SF Bay Area, Irvine, Chicago, Austin, Denver, New York, Boston, Atlanta
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.