Do you have a passion for Hospitality & Travel solutions? Are you an expert in how hotels, airlines and restaurants can use cloud technology to enhance their customers’ experience? Do you thrive in a cross-functional environment, working closely with some of the best and brightest in the world?
As the BD Enterprise Solutions Leader for Hospitality & Travel, you will have an exciting opportunity to shape and deliver on a global strategy to help the industry ecosystem transform. Your responsibilities will be to develop, implement, and manage technical solution packages for go-to-market growth programs, drive sales enablement, and work with field teams to accelerate customer adoption, measure results, and evolve programs to meet AWS’ customer needs effectively.
The right candidate will be a passionate technologist, have successful Hospitality, Travel and Logistics technology experience, and demonstrated go-to-market success. They will have a proven track record of leading complex solutions programs, strong data and metrics bias, a good understanding of industry ecosystems, and a passion for helping them transform using cloud technologies. They will have specific experience and knowledge of the operations, customer service, and IT processes in the largest Hospitality & Travel firms. They will also have deep working knowledge of cloud computing and the related applications across industries.
Role & Responsibilities
· Working backwards from customers, identify solutions themes, portfolio of solution(s) for each solution theme, and AWS value proposition(s) for the Hospitality & Travel markets.
· Together with the broader team, develop the technical side of the strategic plan for AWS, to engage customers and partners in this industry.
· Develop go-to-market plan for each solution area; including leveraging AWS field teams, technology and consulting partner channels, and self-service.
· Establish technical credibility in sales cycles (personally or with the broader technical team), and credibly drive discussions with CAOs, CCO’s, CTOs, CIOs, Chief Architects, Senior Developers, etc. from both customers and partners.
· Collaborate with the technical teams to realize solutions, including reference architectures, patterns, automation for one-click deployment, release plan, etc.
· Deploy – pilot and scale – solutions-led growth programs in the field working with sales enablement, regional business development teams, and account teams.
· Manage solutions-led growth programs, assess performance, pivot and evolve programs based on observed data to improve programs efficacy and performance.
· The right person will be highly technical and analytical, and will be capable of understanding the complexities of global Hospitality and Travel enterprise IT environments.
· 10-15 years of relevant work experience in technology enabled consultative, solutions development, product management, product marketing, business development, and/or transformation roles in the targeted industry sectors.
· 5 years of recent experience in Hospitality & Travel technology, or building and selling solutions to firms in that industry
· Working knowledge and experience in cloud computing, and specifically their application and regulations in Hospitality & Travel
· BA, BS or advanced degree
· Passion for the targeted industry sectors – good understanding of how the Hospitality & Travel industry operates and the unique characteristics of the industry ecosystem. Advanced research experience is a plus.
· Passion for cloud technologies – deep understanding of public and hybrid cloud platforms.
· Technical knowledge of Hospitality & Travel industry applications, platforms, and data ecosystem, with ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
· Excellent business and financial acumen and negotiations skills.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
· Education- an MBA is desired; technical background with Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background is highly desired;
· Candidate should have direct industry experience in the Hospitality, Travel, Restaurant and/or Logistics technology industries
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for New York City, NY.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.