Amazon is seeking an experienced Sr. Mgr, Program Manager who is an enabler of teams, can handle ambiguity, reduce complexity, leverage technology and a track record of delivery. Come be a part of defining a product that will increase customer awareness of architectural best practices. We want someone who can manage multiple streams of work, build and lead high performing teams but is willing to get involved to create new processes, content, and help the team win on a day to day basis.
As the Sr. Mgr, Program Manager for the team you will engage internal and external stakeholders, monitor and enable initiatives, and work closely with teams across Amazon. Come join our start-up culture, work fast and smart, while adapting and iterating quickly. We are looking for someone who is ready to roll-up their sleeves and join a tight-knit team that is tackling a very interesting and exciting opportunity. You’ll work alongside technology and functional roles to define plans and strategy, and be responsible for ensuring delivery of goals and initiatives.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· The candidate will drive customer experience improvements from our FCs through the entire final delivery.
· The candidate will be able to design and optimize the transportation network delivery solutions, and develop innovative projects that drive improvements in our transportation processes, to include design, measurement and performance while minimizing the variable cost impact on the fulfillment centers.
· Manage and control transportation decision systems and reduce related lead times for network expansion projects
· This position also has direct management responsibilities in Seattle and Atlanta as well as interactions with our various software development teams.
· Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics or similar field from an accredited university OR 2+ years of Amazon experience
· 8+ years relevant work experience
· Experience with worldwide transportation industry
· Experience designing software auditing systems, implementing new software systems and integration testing.
· Completed Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Operations Research or similar field from an accredited university
· Project management experience that shows how to organize, find solutions and follow through to a successful conclusion
· Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing Experience