Do you want to build a cutting-edge and highly scalable data platform? Value Added Services team at Amazon is looking for Data Engineer to play a key role in building next generation data platform to support multi tenants. The ideal candidate will be passionate about building extremely large, scalable and distributed systems on AWS stack and will want to be part of a team that has accepted the goal to enable data driven innovations for services business in Amazon.
Looking for a candidate with strong background in new age AWS stack (S3, EMR, Redshift) or traditional BI & DW with interest in data intelligence and ability to screen emerging patterns and trends from large amounts of data. Data Engineer should have strong experience with all standard data warehousing technical aspects (e.g. ETL, Data Modeling and Reporting), infrastructure (e.g. hardware and software) and their integration. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in dimensional modeling, excellent problem solving ability dealing with huge volumes of data. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, as the candidate will work very closely with diverse teams and senior leadership.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for design and development of the data, metrics and reporting platform for Services. You will design and implement new and automate existing Business Intelligence solutions to support analytical needs of Business Analysts and Service business stakeholders with timely, actionable insights.
· 2-5 years of experience in data engineering / business intelligence space
· Strong understanding of ETL concepts and experience building them with large-scale, complex data sets using traditional or map reduce batch mechanism.
· Strong data modelling skills with solid knowledge of various industry standards such as dimensional modelling, star schemas etc
· Extremely proficient in writing optimized SQL to deal with large data volumes
· Experience designing and operating large Data Warehouses
· Experience with scripting for automation (e.g., Python, Perl)
· Knowledge of AWS stack (Redshift, Athena, QuickSight)
· Clear thinker with superb problem-solving skills to prioritize and stay focused on big needle movers
· Curious, self-motivated & a self-starter with a ‘can do attitude’. Comfortable working in fast paced dynamic environment.
· Experience with Big Data solutions – Hadoop or other framework
· Experiences with Amazon Web Services tools such as Redshift and EMR or other similar platforms
· Understanding of agile software development cycle
· Experience working directly with remote technical/business teams