Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come make history with Amazon’s legal department.
We are looking for a talented attorney to support our rapidly growing and evolving Alexa business. You will serve as the primary lawyer responsible for counseling the Alexa business on a broad range of product, regulatory, and commercial matters. You will develop strategies for handling legal issues in creative, business-centric ways and you will build processes that address risk and allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly.
Principal duties include ongoing legal counseling in a wide range of legal areas, including privacy, telecommunications, accessibility, intellectual property, and digital media, along with structuring, drafting, and negotiating complicated technology, licensing, marketing and other commercial agreements.
This position can be located in Sunnyvale or Seattle. Some travel will be required.
· J.D. degree from a top law school and membership in one state bar is required
· A minimum of 2 full years practicing as an attorney, including experience as an associate in a top national or international law firm is required
· Experience with technology and commercial transactions
· A mix of law firm and in-house experience is a plus
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, and follow through and meet deadlines
· Strong written and oral communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.