The Amazon Web Services High Performance Computing (HPC) team is looking for a Software Development Manager (SDM) to help drive the development of new features, functionality, and capabilities for AWS HPC.
The newly formed AWS HPC team is building core technologies that will enable customers to run complex numerical computation at massive scale without compromising performance. If developing solvers, instrumenting techniques based on numerical linear algebra, iterative subspace methods, or multigrid methods gets you excited, this team is for you.
The HPC team within AWS provides opportunities to innovate in a start-up mode and lets you contribute to game-changing projects and technologies that get deployed on global scale, while touching and influencing large parts of the AWS Platform.
This is an opportunity to operate on a global scale, while touching and influencing large parts of the consumed AWS services. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate, and believe that world-class service is critical to customer success. You will design and build the features that will support some of the most important initiatives our customers are working on. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the opportunities that AWS HPC provides our customers, and about building simple and elegant software solutions and customer-centric products.
This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality sustainable solutions when priorities shift fast, working as a team or independently as the situation dictates. If you're looking to solve challenging technical problems and create great products for customers, then this is the right role for you!
· BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
· 5+ years professional experience in system software development and delivery
· 3+ years of experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
· Proven object-oriented design and implementation skills (Java, and/or C++), preferably on Linux
· Deep understanding of computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
· Proven track record iteratively delivering high quality software on time
· Demonstrated passion for leadership, management and mentoring
· Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
· Possess strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
· Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
· Development experience with Java-based web services
· Experience with design/architecting large-scale distributed systems
· Proficient in network, distributed, asynchronous and concurrent programming
· Strong customer focus
· Working knowledge of batch schedulers and cluster management
· Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
· Familiar with building secure software and security algorithms
· Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
· Experience developing a product vision