The Controllership/Self-Inspection (CSI) team’s mission is to strengthen Amazon’s reputation and safeguard assets by entrenching a risk resilient controls environment and promoting a controllership culture.
Amazon is seeking a Financial Analyst to support the Finance Services Operations processes at Amazon. We’re looking for a strong leader that will take ownership and drive change in a dynamic global business environment. This individual will ensure Amazon's Finance Operations processes stay ahead of risks associated with growth in areas of process design, internal control effectiveness, computer system integration, and other relevant areas.
This individual must be eager to dive deep into processes and have a proven record of delivering process efficiency results. The preferred candidate will have outstanding auditing skills, problem solving skills, systems and process knowledge, and customer service passion.
The Costa Rica Finance Business Services started in 2014 and will continue to support Amazon’s expansions in the Americas Region. FBS team apart from handling basic transaction processing, is also engaged in critical research and complex analytical activities. The team comprises of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll into its portfolio.
· Lead special projects to drive controllership improvements across the Finance Operations teams
· Develop, modify, and maintain the operational and design effectiveness of Finance Operations processes and controls
· Identify gaps across end-to-end processes and partner to implement solutions that mitigate risks.
· Advise Finance Operations team by assessing risks and controls.
· Coordinate with global teams across IT, HR, Finance, and Accounting to ensure best practices are followed and implemented
· Monitor and provide guidance for the Sarbanes-Oxley 302 process to ensure timeliness and effectiveness of internal controls.
· Partner with control owners to facilitate responses to internal and external auditors.
Ensure standardization of Finance Operations policy creation, modification, and maintenance
· BS/BA degree accounting/finance, or related field
· 2+ years of relevant finance/accounting experience
· 1+ years of experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
· Professional certification (CPA, CIA, PMP etc.)
· Work experience in public accounting or internal audit
· Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Solid organizational and project management skills
· Strong desire to exceed expectations
· Strong interpersonal skills, including persuasive written and oral communication skills
· Ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously