Hungry? Ordering food just got easier with Amazon Restaurants, which enables customers to order meals from top rated restaurants in their area. The Amazon Restaurants business offers an entrepreneurial environment where innovating independently, launching quickly, and having fun are paramount. Come cook-up something great with us!
We are looking for an experienced software development engineer to help take Amazon Restaurants to the next level. As a software development engineer on the team you will own significant portions of the product and will have significant influence on our strategy by helping define the next wave of product features and system architecture. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and is passionate about building quality software. A commitment to team work, hustle, mentoring junior engineer and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are essential.
The ideal candidate will have superior software design and development skills, tenacity for solving hard problems, strong analytical skills and a passion to mentor and lead junior engineers. Successful candidate will thrive in a fast pace environment delivering software in quick iterations.
· BS/MS in Computer Science
· 3+ years of professional software development experience
· Strong coding skills in Java or other object oriented language on Linux/Unix platform
· Firm grasp of data structures and algorithms
· Superior software design and architecture skills
· Strong problem solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· MS/PhD in Computer Science
· Experience with catalog management, food ordering and delivery related systems.
· Experience in building large scale, highly available and performant systems
· Experience buiding apps for iOS and/or Android
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.