Passionate to make the world a better place by creating technical solutions to improve the environment? Interested in a high impact role? Enjoy environments allowing you and your team to work independently, try new ideas, and create inventive solutions? If so, this is the job for you!
We're constantly reimagining how we package our products and improve our customers' packaging experience. Developing software and hardware technology at massive scale, we're eliminating packaging waste, improving product protection, and driving innovation and efficiencies deep into the supply and manufacturing chain. The World Wide Sustainable Packaging software development team specializes in this end-to-end problem space, and is increasing the scope and scale of our existing systems towards ambitious sustainability and business goals.
We are looking for an experienced software development manager who combines superb technical, communication, analytical, and leadership capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done. This person must be comfortable working with teams of software development, data, and test engineers to raise the bar of what we build, and working across multiple organizations on enterprise-changing goals. If you are passionate about building great teams, and working on leading edge technologies, then this role is for you.
· Lead a full stack software development team developing customer-facing user experiences, services, and data storage layers.
· Actively participate in hiring talented people and assist in the career development of others both on and outside your team, mentoring individuals and helping peer managers guide the career growth of their team members.
· Lead design, implementation, and deployment of critical functionality in highly distributed, large scale systems.
· Identify and drive work in dependency systems.
· Play a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements. Help form long-term technical and business strategy and goals.
· Demonstrate high levels of creativity and right judgments, most of the time.
· Understand business context to decisions made within and across groups.
· Maintain a current understanding of industry and technology trends.
· Contribute to Amazon's Intellectual Property through patents and/or external publications.
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent
· 5+ years experience planning, designing, developing and delivering software
· 2+ years experience as a people manager in a software development organization
· Knowledge of Unix/Linux, C++ or Java, OO and Service Oriented Architecture
· Project management experience with agile development methodology
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· People management, team building and mentoring experience
· Strong written and verbal communications
· Experience with data modeling and tier-1 service-oriented software
· Experience with launching customer-facing user experiences
· Strong experience with stakeholder management
· Demonstrated leadership ability as software development manager
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age