Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a talented, self-directed Developer Advocate to drive adoption and community engagement for SQL Server for EC2. The Windows on AWS team is responsible for driving all customer usage and revenue for Windows workloads on AWS, and SQL Server is a critical component of that mission. In this role, you’ll combine your unbridled passion and enthusiasm for developers with your unmatched creativity to generate grass-roots attention and support for current SQL Server customers and be successful in convincing developers, technologists, and key industry opinion makers that AWS is the best place to run Windows workloads.
Ideally, you’re someone who can write code with the best of them, but get great satisfaction from guiding developers and enterprises towards a technology you heartily believe in. You have immediate credibility with developers but are equally at home working with decision makers at large enterprises. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You don’t just want to be part of an industry movement, you want to be out front leading it.
If this sounds like you, this is your dream job. Your responsibilities will include:
· Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, presenter, and keynote speaker at meetups, technology conferences, trade shows and press events
· Delivering compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to drive adoption of SQL Server workloads on AWS
· Continuing to identify leads for potential partnerships and clients and assisting with presales support
· Collaborating with internal teams to define the product road map, market positioning, and developer program initiatives
· Creating screencasts, white papers and tutorials about emerging technologies and industry developments
· Maintaining a strong and credible presence in social media channels relevant to developers
· Working with your worldwide counterparts to share best practices and help build a best-in-the-industry developer advocacy organization
The successful candidate has:
· 3 to 4 years experience in software development or working closely with developer audiences (e.g., as a solution architect)
· Is proficient in SQL Server and has kept up with the latest and greatest features
· Can explain things (in particular, the relational model, set theory, etc.) in ways people understand and by which they are inspired
· Enjoys performing in front of a crowd – and a camera
· Is easy to get along with; her or his ego fits through the doorway
· The ability to work cooperatively with, and gain the respect of, DBAs and software developers is a must
· Masters degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline (or equivalent experience)
· Superior oral and written communication skills
· A willingness to travel and the ability to work autonomously
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.