Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas and solutions. Amazon seeks a high performing Senior Financial Analyst to play a key role on the eCommerce Foundation finance team. This role will have high impact and visibility to essential, business-critical processes, and will be responsible for supporting senior leaders across the organization. The position will partner with teams responsible for running the retail website. You will utilize your educational and applied work experience to optimize investment and prioritization opportunities within these business units. This critical role requires a self-starter with excellent business modeling skills, attention to detail, and a solid track record of influencing business partners.
· Lead financial modeling and analysis for new technology initiatives and product launches
· Establish and report out on key operating and business metrics
· Review and approve financial terms for contract negotiations with vendors
· Develop business case analyses to support all major financial decisions
· Drive the long and short term financial planning
· Manage month-end close and present results and insights to business leaders
· Drive process improvement and standardization
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master’s degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and levels of management
· Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) experience including in depth experience with forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis
· Experience performing financial and ad hoc analyses using advanced Excel functionality and providing recommendations based on results to senior management for strategic decision-making
· Excellent grasp of corporate finance fundamentals
· Operational business understanding, including potential impact of business decisions on various internal/external stakeholders
· Creative resourcefulness and ability to find or develop compelling data given limited resources and time
· Experience with TM1 Cognos, Redshift, Datanet and QuickSight or equivalent to drive controllership and monitor the business
· SQL skills a plus
· MBA/MS preferred
· CPA/CFA/CMA a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.