The Tools, Home Improvement, Lawn & Garden, and Major Appliance (THILGMA) team is looking for talented, smart, analytical, and entrepreneurial individuals to help us continue to build an exceptional and authoritative home improvement destination for customers. The THILGMA team is a large and strategic business within Amazon, with unique opportunities across the various businesses and functions that will enable you to continue to develop and grow as a leader. Joining the THILGMA team means joining a dynamic and creative team who raises the bar for innovation and success in a fast-paced and ever-changing retail environment. We are hiring for Vendor Management, Instock Management, Product Management and Category Merchant Management positions.
All roles require relocation to Seattle and remote work is not available.
Senior Vendor Manager: We are looking for a talented, driven and experienced Sr. Vendor Manager. In this role you will manage a category with a set of highly strategic vendors and work to drive a large business towards the next phase of growth. You will own all aspects of the business P&L and will analyze data to identify key brands to target, initiate long term relationships with brands’ senior management, resolve any operational, logistical or business issues, lead negotiations on Amazon’s behalf and once signed, help the brands onboard and grow on the platform.
The ideal candidate will have experience in building strong relationships, driving significant top and bottom line results, and is comfortable managing multiple responsibilities within a fast-paced environment. They must have the leadership presence and communication skills to represent Amazon at all executive levels of these organizations. The candidate must also possess strong analytical acumen and be comfortable drawing metric-based conclusions by managing an extensive amount of data. This person needs to have a deep curiosity about how things work, and a passion for creating a world class shopping experience for our customers.
Senior Instock Manager: As a Sr. Instock Manager you will own inventory strategies to drive supply chain efficiencies and maximize sales, margin and turns, working in a supply chain consultation capacity. This is a critical role helping us build, manage and optimize a complex procurement system. The role will be involved in all aspects of inventory planning and operational management, particularly with top vendors. The ideal candidate is able to lead and influence both internal and external teams in an ambiguous environment, while maintaining a customer-centric philosophy.
Key areas of focus include driving improvement in inventory availability, increasing inventory efficiency, improving purchasing automation, and reducing input costs. The Sr. Instock Manager will also be responsible for improvements to inventory management processes, including identifying defects, reducing waste, and improving supply chain effectiveness. This role enables you to "hit the ground running" and make transformational impact on how we manage in-stock and cost.
Category Merchant Management: We are looking for a talented, customer-obsessed Senior Category Merchant Manager to help shape the future of our 3rd party marketplace. This role offers the unique opportunity to own a sizable portion of a category P&L while also driving large scale, high visibility programs across a variety of internal teams.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized and have a demonstrated track record of successful program management/ownership, juggling multiple projects with competing deadlines, and using data to identify and prioritize opportunities. He/she is analytical, enthusiastic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, customer-focused, and has strong writing skills with the ability to handle ambiguity and influence employees at all levels of the organization.
Senior Product Manager: Amazon's Tools, Home Improvement, Lawn & Garden and Major Appliances team is revolutionizing the multi-billion dollar Home Improvement industry by working to bring best in class shopping experiences to our customers. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to steward the development and implementation of new shopping experiences from ideation to execution. You will define strategy by working backward from customer pain points, set a bold vision, and craft product roadmaps and detailed requirements with the long-term vision in mind.
· Bachelor Degree plus 5+ years of relevant experience in retail or e-commerce desired
· Buying/planning, operations, or finance background
· Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
· Experience in building partnerships at senior management level
· Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities and vendor management experience
· Experience with business analysis and expertise in Excel.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – prioritization, planning and task delegation
· MBA with relevant business experience
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results – self-starter and self-directed
· Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
· Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
· Relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management with a proven history of delivering results
· Experience in negotiations, pricing, marketing & promotion, inventory management, and margin management
· Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
· Proven experience leading teams, influencing stakeholders and managing cross-functional projects
· A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
· Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Advanced experience with Excel, or other analytical/Business Intelligence tools