Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Consider becoming a part of the Amazon team and help to develop essential music and music video content along with programs that are implemented throughout Amazon and offered to our customers worldwide.
Amazon is looking for an experienced professional to work with key members of the creative community internal and external Amazon, including : artists, managers, agents, to facilitate our content production.
The content manager needs to be able to conceive and execute world-class, entertaining content from the idea stage to post-production, deploying both in-house resources and a network of external talent, working with artists, production teams and other teams within Amazon Music. You will also be connected with global partners so we introduce cutting-edge global products to our customers in Japan, and provide them in a way fits best for local customers.
In this role you will:
· Deliver high quality content, including songs and editorial content
· Manage whole production process for creating content across multiple stakeholders. (Artists, Labels, Agencies and internal stakeholders)
· Conceive and execute a continuous content improvement process
· Use data to continuously refine our content offering to ensure a fresh and compelling user experience for each customer
· BA/BS required in Journalism, Communications, Literature, Marketing or related field
· 5+ years of experience creating compelling content for media, production company or music services
· Any of the work experience in Music industry, or related experience
· Ability to think strategically, to build solid business plan for mid-long term project
· Native (speaking and writing) level proficiency in Japanese and business level proficiency in English
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Experience working with multiple teams/global stakeholders, and managing people, includes external partners
· 5 to 7 years in work experience in radio programming, A&R, music curation, and running an editorial calendar
· Experience working across cultures and languages
· Exceptional interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills (written and verbal)
· Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
· Thinks big and has convictions
· Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
· Knowledge of current trends and history in both music and the music industry
· Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools