Do you believe cloud computing will be a disruptive force in industry and education? Do you want to architect and develop new tools to help institutions, educators, and students prepare for the cloud-enabled workforce of tomorrow? Do you enjoy mission-driven development, building awesome software, and integrating across a wide variety of services?
Amazon Web Services launched AWS Educate to accelerate cloud-related learning that provides support to students, educators, and education institutions. Our customers include universities, community colleges, and high schools. We are creating opportunities for thousands of students to thrive in the cloud-first economy.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will take ownership over the design, architecture, development, delivery, and operation of the software behind the AWS Educate customer experience. You'll be building new software designed to take advantage of the latest AWS offerings and provide a top-flight user experience, while maintaining and transitioning functionality off of our existing Salesforce-based application.
The ideal candidate will be good at dealing with ambiguity by pushing for clarity, making trade-offs, and delivering solutions that meet business and engineering objectives. Your code and designs will be held to a high standard and you are expected to stay up-to-date on the latest technologies and best practices.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math, or related fields, or equivalent experience.
· 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C#, including object-oriented design.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Experience with architecting and building scalable web applications with serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda and Amazon API Gateway.
· Experience with data modeling for NoSQL databases such as Amazon DynamoDB.
· Experience with TypeScript and React.js.
· Experience with web application security, especially identity and authentication protocols.
· Experience designing applications for a global audience.
· Experience with Salesforce application development and APIs.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to deliver high quality documents at an appropriate level of detail.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role