Do you believe cloud computing will be a disruptive force in industry and education? Do you want to architect and develop new tools to help institutions, educators, and students prepare for the cloud-enabled workforce of tomorrow? Do you enjoy mission-driven development, building awesome software, and integrating across a wide variety of services?
Amazon Web Services launched the AWS Educate initiative to accelerate cloud-related learning that provides support to students, educators, and education institutions. Our customers include universities, community colleges, and high schools. We are creating opportunities for thousands of students to thrive in the cloud-first economy.
We are seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial, and motivated software development engineer to lead the development of the AWS Educate software platform on mobile devices. You will lead the team in defining architectural approaches and coding highly scalable web & mobile applications, tools, services and solutions for the AWS Educate community. This role is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical team, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers in the education community while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
Some of the key job functions:
· Translate business and functional requirements from external and/or internal customers and end-users into mobile design and technical specifications.
· Implement AWS Educate member- and internal-facing mobile products, starting from design through implementation.
· Build new tools and enhance existing feature sets using both AWS services and Salesforce.com to expand and enhance the AWS Educate student and educator portals, with a focus on mobile devices
· Participate in designing and implementing key functional areas of the customer experience, including mobile applications and platform services.
· Design and build functional components, including code reviews, testing, deployment and post-launch monitoring for mobile devices.
· Lead AWS Educate engineering operations, driving excellence in feature stability, performance and flexibility for mobile devices.
· Build robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well between a range of complex mobile systems.
· Contribute across the full software development lifecycle, from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation and testing, to documentation, delivery and maintenance on mobile devices.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math or related fields
· A minimum of 3 years hands on experience developing mobile and web applications and working with relational and NoSQL databases.
· 3+ years of experience designing, implementing and consulting on the development of large-scale, distributed applications
· 3+ years’ software development methodologies and practices, specifically Agile/iterative development processes.
· Experience developing large scale mobile applications to meet business requirements in complex environments
· Knowledge and experience using AWS Services such as S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway, CloudWatch
· Understanding of and experience with Salesforce.com architecture, APIs, and development tools including , Visualforce, Apex, and Lightning components
· Prior gaming development experience
· Experience building complex, scalable, and high-performance mobile software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Results-oriented person with a delivery focus and able to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
· Master's degree preferred
· Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
· Strong verbal/written communication skills with ability to deliver high quality documents at appropriate level of detail
· Ability to work independently or in a team environment
· Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age