Amazon Web Services (AWS) is committed to supporting the global Salesforce developer community and we are seeking a creative and passionate Sr. Developer Advocate to empower millions of Salesforce developers with knowledge and resources to build experiences that customers love. As a Sr. Developer Advocate within the Industry & ISV Solutions team, you will help us to deliver on our mission to support any enterprise workload through cloud-native services for industry verticals, integration, and compliance. You will demonstrate how using cutting-edge technologies, from the breadth of AWS services to the latest Salesforce technologies, can help developers to solve challenging problems. You will write code, develop demos, create content, deliver presentations, and evangelize the use of AWS and Salesforce together, both online and in-person. The ideal candidate is both a hands-on developer and a big thinker who can identify opportunities to improve the developer experience, grow the community, and increase engagement. We have ambitious goals for our developer program, and you will be supported by teams across AWS - Engineering, PM, Solution Architecture, and Marketing.
You could be our next Sr. Developer Advocate if:
· You are an experienced Salesforce developer who is familiar with both the AWS and Salesforce developer environments and has a strong interest to learn new languages and frameworks as needed.
· You may not be called an advocate or evangelist today, but you deeply empathize with other developers and want to help them solve problems.
· You have ambitious ideas and want to share them with others. You can easily communicate your ideas through code, writing, presentations, demos, and whiteboard sessions.
· You feel most alive when you're engaged with communities and have already built your own following of Salesforce developers who engage with you on social media and in person at events.
· 3 to 5 years experience in software development and/or developer advocacy focused on Salesforce
· Hands on experience with building apps with the Apex programming language and the Salesforce Lightning Platform
· Superior oral and written communication skills
· Ability to travel (up to 30%) and the ability to work autonomously
· Hands on experience with using the AWS Serverless stack (i.e. AWS Lambda, AWS Fargate, AWS Step Functions) and/or developer tools (i.e. AWS CodeBuild, AWS Cloud)
· Active contributor to open source projects
· Experience as a digital marketer, tech evangelist, presales consultant, or product manager
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.