Amazon Business team is looking for an Engineering superstar to help manage our ever growing information needs and support operational analysis of increasingly complex business questions. As a part of Data, Analytics and Insights team, you would be responsible to manage the data engineering operations and solution stack that forms the nucleus of the Self-service Analytics, BI and Machine Learning initiatives for Amazon Business. The role will involve automation, building, monitoring and maintaining database solutions that are used for daily reporting and drive business decision making while dealing efficiently with the massive scale of data available through our Data Warehouse as well as our software systems. You will be responsible for operational excellence, complete analysis and present periodic reviews of operational performance, provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed support planning, work directly with customers and developers to ensure that issues are resolved as early as possible. You will be in a fast-paced environment with direct impact on our data visions and deliverables. You will be expected to balance strategic thinking with detailed execution and solid cross-functional collaborative results-oriented work.
As a team player, you must be a self-starter and be able to learn on the go. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as you will work very closely with diverse teams.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 5+ years professional experience in software development
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Python, Java, Scala, Perl, C or C++.
· Experience in relational database concepts with solid knowledge of SQL.
· Experience in AWS technologies and unstructured data such as NoSQL, Hadoop etc.
· Knowledge of various data warehousing methodologies and data engineeering concepts.
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in logical thinking and problem solving.
· Familiarity with AWS technologies preferred
· Knowledge of Columnar databases preferred
· Knowledge of Tableau preferred
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
· Good working knowledge of Oracle environment
· Understanding of agile software development cycle
· Experience partnering with business owners directly to understand their requirements and provide data which can help them observe patterns and spot anomalies.