Do you love data as much as we do? Do you want to influence at Amazon? We have the career for you!
Amazon's Employee Services Technology (ES Tech) team is seeking an outstanding Senior ETL/Data Engineer to join our BI team to build out the BI platform with all of the data ingestion mechanisms required for the initiative. Our platform delivers business intelligence to a diverse, global community of internal customers from one of the world’s largest and most complex financial data sets. Amazon has culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions using third-party technology and Amazon cloud technologies. A successful candidate knows and loves working with business intelligence ETL tools, is comfortable accessing and working with big data from multiple sources, and passionately partners with the business to identify strategic opportunities and deliver results. You should have an internal drive to answer “why?” questions, excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills, as well as superior written and verbal communication skills. S/he would be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
• Design structured, multi-source data solutions to deliver the dashboards and reports that make data actionable
• Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources to continually improve data quality
• Support data analysts and product managers by turning business requirements into functional specifications and then executing delivery
• Lead the technical lifecycle of data presentation from data sourcing to transforming into user-facing metrics
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Analysis, or related field
• 5+ years’ experience in data modeling, ETL development, and Data Warehousing
• 2+ years’ experience with BI/DW/ETL projects.
• Knowledge of AWS product suite including S3, Redshift, Dynamo DB and RDS.
• Technical guru; SQL expert.
Experience with Linux, UNIX, UNIX tools
• Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Pig. Experience writing software to automate manual workflows
• Good instincts; you know what it means to be a subject matter expert and how to be a team player
Strong background in data relationships, modeling, and mining