Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. Kindle is one example of this. Kindle is the best-selling product in the history of Amazon.com, and the Kindle business is one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon.
The Amazon device team designs & engineers high profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. We provide customers a fully integrated service with instant access to over 27 million movies, TV shows, magazines, newspapers, books, songs, apps, and games.
The Alexa Data Services team is part of Amazon’s speech platform organization that provides speech recognition capabilities for a variety of Amazon products and searches, most visibly, the Amazon Echo products.
Quality Assurance Manager is a newly created role to deliver, sustain and improve world-class quality processes, metrics, tools, and solutions for local ADS operations and will report into local operations team.
As a Quality Assurance Manager, you will work with local Operations teams and other ADS teams in implementing programs for driving the quality of our data. In addition to experience with implementing successful data quality assurance programs, we're looking for someone to drive quality through data, people, process, and technology improvements, and drive excellence across multiple teams.
The successful Quality Assurance Manager will be obsessed with quality improvement, experienced and highly committed to creating world class programs and initiatives for continuous improvements, able to develop and drive a detailed quality strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to executing that strategy.
In this role, you will:
· Execute, drive and measure quality improvement strategies.
· Oversee the implementation of quality programs and monitoring and reporting.
· Set directions for Operations team for creating and execution of the action plans.
· Provide production quality health report to management and lead the continuous improvement activities accordingly
· Verify Quality Metrics in place and meet goals, trigger containment actions and corrective actions as appropriate.
· Lead and support problem solving activities for Quality Alert as well as any other quality issues
You should thrive and have demonstrated success in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes.
You will be expected to balance detailed execution with speed and possess solid collaborative skills. You will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities.
You should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to implement and drive quality goals. This position involves regular communication with senior management on quality program status and risks.
The successful candidate will be a recognized expert for their quality management and quality improvement abilities.
Summary of responsibilities
· Performs deep dive with the help of operations, root cause analysis on weekly quality performance of their respective sites.
· Assess performance of quality metrics; surface exceptions to the respective teams. Setup and execute processes to enable operations to drive corrective actions as necessary.
· Supports operations team to develop action plans to improve quality performance.
· Tracks results of actions plans on weekly basis and course correct if the action plans are not working.
· Re-visit error categories on a quarterly basis with Quality program team and ensure that error categories are yielding the appropriate root cause.
· Identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives to improve quality performance at site level
· Collaborate with QAMs at other sites and benchmark best practices
· Deep dive and support Quality Program Managers on handling customer escalations
· Identify and assist in the implementation process of global continuous improvement projects.
· Basic qualifications Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a relevant field
· Strong understanding of process improvement techniques in a production environment.
· Subject matter expert in quality methods and protocol . Great communication skills, including the ability to write detailed proposals, reports and other documents, backed by statistical measurements.
· Strong problem solving and organizational skills
· Flexibility; delivering results in a fast-paced and complex work environment
· Able to work under tight timelines with minimal supervision.
· Must be able to multi-task setting priorities in-line with business needs.
· Must be self-motivated/self-directed
· Team work spirit
· Basic understanding and demonstrated success with practical applications of Lean / Six Sigma tools such as Failure Mode & Effects
· Analysis, Design of Experiments, Measurement System Analysis, Analysis of Variance, Hypothesis Testing, Value Stream Mapping, Pareto Charts, Gage Repeatability & Reproducibility, Cpk.
· Problem Solving: Deliver solutions to complex problems through in-depth data analysis, using methodical approach such as DMAIC along with experience, innovation and judgment to make decisions that may be based on partial information