Do you wake up in the morning excited about what cloud computing can do for customers of all shapes and sizes? Do you have a passion for helping customers understand how these technologies can make a big difference to their businesses? Do you want to help grow already one of the largest cloud businesses? Do you have a knack for creating high quality marketing deliverables that crisply convey value propositions? The AWS Product Marketing team is hiring!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost IT infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. These businesses range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager for Windows Server and SQL Server applications running on EC2, you will have the opportunity to drive our communications and marketing for how we communicate to our customers about our support for these Microsoft workloads. You will be responsible for leading our positioning and messaging to customers, creating compelling content to drive awareness for Amazon Web Services as a proven platform for running Windows, and building the programs and campaigns to increase awareness and adoption. You’ll get to work on a growing business and have a big impact every day.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At Amazon Web Services, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be technical and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
You will have a passion for helping customers of all shapes and sizes, from hot start-ups to established enterprises understand how our services can help take their applications to the next level.
Have an unbridled passion for technology. We are continuing to innovate at a rapid pace. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and helping articulate the most complex technical concepts in simple terms that make sense to customers.
Prefer candidate sit in Seattle, WA. Additional locations OK: Palo Alto, CA
Roles and Responsibilities
· Own the value propositions and go-to-market strategies for driving adoption of Windows Server and SQL Server workloads on AWS
· Engage with the Windows and SQL Server ecosystem to drive awareness for AWS support for Windows Server and SQL Server
· Work with engineering teams to distill key functionality and benefits into product marketing messages
· Craft & develop compelling messages, content and tools (presentations, whitepapers, infographics, webinars, customer success stories, product videos, how to guides etc.)
· Execute on breakthrough product marketing activities to reach target audiences effectively
· Own website and social media content
· Work effectively across AWS with groups such as engineering, digital marketing, sales, business development, and evangelists to achieve business goals
· Bias for action for developing customer obsessed marketing assets (product videos, web content)
· Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
· Superior oral and written communication skills
· Strong leader and communicator who can drive consensus and articulate recommendations and trade-offs to senior executives
· 5+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as integrated marketing, product management, management consulting or technical pre-sales
· Bachelors degree in marketing, business, technology, computer science or relevant field of study
· Demonstrated track record in crafting positioning and marketing content
· 5+ years developing marketing assets (product videos, web content)
· Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology products
· Demonstrated career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and driving and/or being associated with benchmark industry products/services
· MBA and/or computer science, engineering, technology background
· 5+ years of product marketing experience
· Experience with launching new and disruptive services
· Experience with Windows Server and/or SQL Server or database applications
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.