· Relocation is not required; position will be located at the employee’s current site.
· This position requires up to 80% Travel. When not traveling, Learning Ambassador will work from home site.
Reliability, Maintenance, and Engineering (RME) is hiring for Learning Ambassadors! At Amazon we believe that Every Day is still Day One! We’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
We are looking for a Learning Ambassador to join the Reliability, Maintenance and Engineering (RME) Technical Learning Team. We continue to develop technical courses, skills-based training, practical exercises and assessments for our Maintenance teams who maintain equipment within our Fulfillment, Transportation, and Global Specialty Operations (GSO) centers. We have adopted a blended approach by mixing both instructor-led, web-based and skills-based (practical hands-on) methods of delivery.
In order to be effective, the candidate must possess a technical background and prior technical experience to enable them to deeply understand and relate to the technical content with which they will work, and the audiences for whom they will develop content. They must be able to dive deep into the technical aspects of a topic and understand it themselves, and then translate that understanding into high quality training content and programs for other technical audiences.
Responsibilities will include:
· Travel to sites to deliver technical training on base building systems
· Develop training plans for service technicians
· Administer LMS tasks such as schedule sessions, register participants and instructor resources
· Partner with learning strategy team to preserve consistent program experience for all learners through defined curriculum, milestones, and interactions
· Develop and document workflows and processes
· Provide content and class feedback to learning strategy team to drive improvements
· Coordinate local logistics
· Ensure conducive learning environment and facilities
· Mentor technicians by motivating, providing guidance and directions to help them achieve their goals
· Develop and maintain good working relationships across all levels in the organization
· Provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance
· Work all days and shifts, including overtime (24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation, including holidays)
Ability to perform the following tasks with or without reasonable accommodation:
· Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
· Regularly bend, lift, stretch, and reach both below the waist and above the head
· Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during site visits
· Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
· Walk in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
· Climb ladders and gangways
· Work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
· Stand/walk for shifts lasting up to 12 hours
· High school or equivalent diploma
· Experience with HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation
· 5+ years of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, basic plumbing, and basic electrical
· 2+ years of experience in a lead or supervisory role
· Experience in a training role, preferably technical training
· Experience with developing training documentation (lesson plans, procedures, reports, etc.)
· 2+ years of demonstrated Adult Learning and Curriculum Design/Improvement experience
· Completion of an applicable technical training program is strongly preferred.
· Mechanical and electrical aptitude
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field
· 4 year apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field
· Ability to manage, lead, and influence others on the team
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
· Highly self-motivated and customer-centric
· Leadership experience/aptitude, ability to mentor and develop training plans for other service technicians
Self-motivated with ability to work independently or on a team
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age