Come and be part of the AWS Supply Chain team and build systems that enable AWS to rapidly grow and continue to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing, and have direct and immediate impact on the hundreds of thousands developers and businesses around the world who use AWS every day.
How do you leverage the paradigms of Human Centered Design and reactive User Interface development to simplify day to day users and power users to consume the right information and make the right supply chain decisions for businesses without being overwhelmed with unnecessary data?
As a member of the design team you will contribute to the product roadmap, drive future concepts, and deliver improvements to current tools and applications. You will be the primary design lead on our enterprise grade product design system which will serve as the backbone of all our tooling and application needs.
The ideal candidate has experience in enterprise products or software as a service, with strong blue sky/ideation skills, robust holistic systems thinking, deep attention to detail, and passion for making difficult tasks into simple and delightful experiences for end-users. Collaboration and product ownership is essential, requiring you to be a great communicator, and successfully present and align with the product and engineering team for feedback and input. Additionally, you must be comfortable with ambiguity and deliver designs that elevate the user experience.
· A bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or similar user experience related design degree.
· 8+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role creating digital products for enterprise users or highly technical users.
· Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
· 6+ years of experience creating prototypes and highly detailed wireframes for complex web applications for technical users or enterprise users.
· 2+ years of experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers for implementation of designs.
· An online portfolio demonstrating samples of enterprise application work and UX deliverables (wireframes, journey maps, personas) that showcases best practices in interaction design plus a modern aesthetic is required to apply for this role.
· Experience with ux design for complex workflows and/or for technical end users
· Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed.
· An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience
· Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
· Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) is a big plus.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Familiarity with user interface patterns for web applications.
· Proven ability to both deliver a bold vision and iterate quickly on concepts to arrive at an amazing customer experience for enterprise users.
· Proficiency in a variety of design tools.
· Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research).
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation