The Amazon Originals Marketing team is seeking a Lead Photo & Motion Producer who will be responsible for managing multiple photography and motion shoots in support of our original series and brand campaigns. This includes managing all aspects of on-set, studio, and on-location productions from concept stage to delivery. This role requires the ability to accurately assess the complexity and creative needs of a project in order to assign and/or hire the appropriate resources (production company, photographer, DP, etc.) for the job. It also requires the ability to work cross-functionally with show production teams, talent reps, creative directors, and external agencies/vendors throughout the life of a campaign. This position works directly with the show crews to obtain production schedules and talent availability, and requires the ability to pivot and adapt on demand. Responsibilities beyond production include fielding photo requests from both the marketing and publicity departments to help fulfill advertising and editorial placements for Amazon’s original programming, and assigning unit photographers throughout the duration of the show production. This candidate is versed in SAG, Union, and DGA rules and regulations, and has experience editing key sets and obtaining talent approvals for photography within the entertainment space. He or she must be highly organized with a passion for photography and motion. This role will report directly to the Head of Photo & Motion, Original Series.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Produce all photo and video shoots which includes hiring the appropriate photographer, DP, crew, and/or production company to execute the creative vision of a given campaign.
· Create shoot schedule and manage shot list on the date of the shoot, continuously balancing the needs of the marketing group as well as talent, EPs, reps, etc.
· Send out talent memos and call sheets to all talent and talent representation prior to a shoot production.
· Serve as liaison between show production and internal partners to schedule and coordinate on-set visits for their specific needs (PR, Social, BTS, EPK, social video capture, etc.)
· Fulfill photo requests for all cross functional teams.
· Oversee retouching of unit photography.
· Edit Unit and Gallery photography.
· Caption key sets of unit photography.
· Manage talent approvals on all gallery and key art photography.
· Negotiate and license third party photos as needed.
· Assign unit photography coverage throughout the duration of show production.
· Ensure photography is organized and available to international partners prior to show launches.
· Open internal POs and negotiate with third party vendors.
· Willing to travel a must.
· Minimum 7+ years producing photo and motion shoots.
· An understanding of the creative production process and terminology.
· Knowledge of the Macintosh operating systems.
· Experience licensing images.
· Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
· Experience in Lightroom or similar editing program.
· Experience with digital capture and video editing software.
· Network of industry professionals to utilize for productions (photographers, stylists, DPs, etc.).
· Comprehensive understanding of photography including file formats and terminology.
· Strong budgeting skills.
· Highly organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to understand photographic needs for internal and external editorial/marketing clients.
· Excellent writing, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to navigate a variety of stakeholders, often with competing priorities.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.