In this role, you would exhibit the advocacy and content generation and delivery skills of a traditional evangelist with the organizational and delivery skills of a program manager. The role provides a good balance between working with the Amazon teams internally to shape the share the migration programs and tools, and talking to customers and industry influencers to help drive adoption of our Microsoft Windows focused migration programs. In this role, you’ll combine your unbridled passion and enthusiasm for migration with your unmatched creativity to generate grass-roots attention and support for our migration programs among key industry opinion makers and technologists.
Ideally, you’re someone who can build processes and content for migrations, but has an unmet need to seed developer communities and programs around a technology you heartily believe in. You have immediate credibility with technologists, but are equally at home working with decision makers at large enterprises. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You don’t just want to be part of an industry movement, you want to be out front leading it. If this sounds like you, this is your dream job.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Help to shape and deliver on our strategy for how to drive adoption of our Microsoft Migration programs.
· Delivering compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, technical blogs, and discussions to drive adoption of AWS’s Microsoft migration programs.
· Creating tech talks, live streams, white papers and tutorials about emerging technologies and industry developments for migrations.
· Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and keynote speaker at technology conferences, trade shows and press events
· Maintaining a strong and credible presence in social media channels relevant to developers
· Scaling, extending and driving global expansion of existing community focused programs, for example: Hackathons, Communities etc.
· Collaborating with internal teams to help define the migration road map, market positioning, and program initiatives
· Maintaining a strong and credible presence in social media channels relevant to migrations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
· 7+ plus years in the technology industry in a technical, product management, or evangelism/advocacy role.
· 3 to 4 years experience in software development or working closely with developer audiences (e.g. as an evangelist, developer relations etc)
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Experience working with software developers.
· Strong business and technical acumen and understanding of emerging disruptive technologies, like cloud computing, open source software, or software as a service
· Strong customer focus, ownership, record of meeting timelines.
· Experience with project/goal management and tracking
· 3+ years’ experience with 1 or more public cloud provider
· Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences, with the ability to dive-deep on technical and architectural details with customers
· A specialty focus in one or more of the following: Migrations, DevOps
· Experience creating and delivering content to technical audiences in person or virtually
· An active participant in social media platforms such as Twitter, YouTube, Medium, GitHub, and Twitch
· Ability to travel (up to 25%) and the ability to work autonomously
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual