Amazon is looking for a unique product leader with the creative vision, product intuition, and executional capability to build and deliver memorable shopping events to customers worldwide. This is an opportunity to join a high-performing team, define the short and long-term vision for the event experience for millions of customers, rally other teams across the company to deliver meaningful value to customers, and contribute to the overall success of Amazon. The charter includes support for important retail shopping events like Back to School, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Easter, and Halloween.
This role is inherently high-visibility and cross-functional, requiring synergy and influence with many business and tech units across Amazon, globally. The event experiences you define and deliver will set the bar for event-related shopping. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, excel at managing and influencing broad stakeholder groups, be able to work extremely effectively in a complex organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into innovative customer facing products and experiences. This will require excellent written and oral communication skills, data-driven analyses and insights, excellent business judgment, strong interpersonal skills, deep curiosity about how things work, and a passion for customers. You must enjoy context-switching and operating at all levels of the organization to deliver results.
· Bachelor Degree in business, technology or related field
· 5+ years of product management or related roles, demonstrating an increasing scope of organizational and business impact
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels
· Experiencing working cross-functionally; building processes, project management, and launch plans at scale
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive decisions
· Basic knowledge of SQL with data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
· Must be able to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and manage changing priorities
· MBA or related Masters
· Track record of delivering large-scale, consumer-facing products and experiences
· Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in fast-paced, global environments
· High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and driving results across multiple teams in an environment where you exercise influence without authority
· Retail, technology and/or mobile experience
· Advanced knowledge of SQL, Excel, and other data tools
· Experience structuring analytical approaches, auditing team results and coaching on how to communicate findings to impact strategic direction