Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a best-in-class Systems Automation Engineer for the Optical Network Automation team. This team is working at the heart of AWS global network and we are looking to hire motivated, best-in-class System Engineers for our Seattle engineering centre. The engineers within our team are instrumental in to help drive the stability and sustainability of AWS next-generation networks and to discover innovative ways to automate and scale network as AWS expands globally.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience of supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. Systems Automation Engineers work hand-in-hand with Software Development teams and Networking teams to help automate and invent new ways of operating Amazon's Next-Generation Network. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required, as well as experience initiating and managing in-event conference calls. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. In addition to providing top-tier management and support of Amazon's vast network infrastructure, Systems Automation Engineers are expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedure and constantly think pro-actively and with innovation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· A minimum of 5 years industry experience in a similar environment.
· 3+ years’ Linux development experience
· 3+ years’ experience on object-oriented design and coding (Python preferred)
· 3+ years’ experience working with IP networking fundamentals
· Knowledge of major Internet routing protocols, Optical networking experience is advantageous but not compulsory.
· Knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architectures.
· Strong Linux experience from provisioning to performance tuning, and a solid grasp on operating system fundamentals.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Graduate degree a plus.
· Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required.
· The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
· In depth experience in working with Linux/Unix environments.
· Excellent Ethernet and IP networking knowledge and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
· Substantial background in large scale datacenter network implementations and support.
· Record of mentoring other engineers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
Meets/Exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.