Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Come work at Amazon!
Manage the team responsible for defining and implementing Project Kuiper’s custom RF chip SOCs for broadband communications via Low Earth Orbit satellites and Amazon gateways. This is a unique opportunity to define a groundbreaking wireless solution with few legacy constraints. The team will be responsible for designing and implementing aspects that are foundational to broadband communications systems, including custom silicon RF blocks in latest technologies based on customer requirements, systems requirements specifications, and key design criteria (like RF performance, power consumption, and costs).
In this role you will:
· Implement RF circuits in CMOS silicon from system specification to circuit design to simulation / verification to GDS II blocks ready for integration
· Develop mmWave solutions for broadband wireless systems
· Meet with third party suppliers to select core technologies
· Learn about requirements and solutions for systems operating in space
· Drive trade-off analysis to benefit customer experience and optimization of resources (costs, power, spectrum)
· Help develop appropriate CAD process and verification environment specific to the RF chip team solution
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, related discipline, or equivalent experience
· 10+ years of experience in silicon RF design implementation
· Experience in full custom analog of broadband wireless solution
· Experience with current and upcoming RF standards in cellular (4G/5G), 802.11, microwave backhaul, DVB-S2(X), OR similar broadband wireless standards
· Management experience of wireless silicon teams and previous hands on chip design experience
· Master’s / PhD degree in Electrical Engineering
· mmWave RF custom design
· Good analytical, problem solving and communication skills
· Experience with communication theory, OFDM, MIMO, Digital/Wireless Communication Systems and RF engineering
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age