Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
In this role, you will create the flight software for Project Kuiper’s satellite constellation. The successful candidate will write code that is common and necessary to all spacecraft, including managing multiple compute nodes that read sensor data, process flight control algorithms, control power collection, maintain battery charge, navigate in space, and orient the spacecraft and the payloads.
You will design, code, test and support the embedded real-time application that flies the spacecraft from the moment of launch to re-entry. You will work closely with the Guidance and Control and Flight Dynamics teams.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
· Bachelor’s degree in EE, math, or computer science, or equivalent experience
· 5+ years of experience in SW design
· Experience with embedded microprocessors, operating systems & device drivers
· Experience with build systems, c++, and source control
· Experience maintaining a critical codebase with formal requirements, comprehensive test and a long support life-cycle
· Aircraft or spacecraft flight software development experience
· High performance device driver development
· FPGA design experience, especially with the GPS
· Development and test experience with high reliability codebase
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age