Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
In this role, you will perform initial trade studies to determine the technical architecture, capture requirements and interfaces, and support development of the detailed technical, performance, schedule and budgetary plans for the space-borne and fleet control center elements of the constellation flight dynamics activity. This is the software element that navigates and controls the orbital element state vector of every spacecraft. You will support strategic planning and risk assessment and mitigation. This role includes working on the satellite ephemeris determination and direction of on-orbit maneuver capability, and requires comprehensive interface with Project Kuiper’s software, attitude determination and control, and propulsion teams. The successful candidate will also identify, hire and mentor senior and junior colleagues responsible for elements of all the above tasking.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
· Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, aerospace, or physics, or equivalent experience
· 7+ years of relevant experience
· Experience with orbital mechanics and state estimation
· Experience managing teams and leadership history
· Software development experience with large and complex mathematical systems
· Satellite – On-orbit operational support experience
· Software development experience with distributed and highly reliable applications
· High value contract administration
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age