Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
We are searching for talented candidates with experience designing and implementing Attitude Determination and Control systems for satellite applications. You will lead the team that designs algorithms, creates the simulation, models dynamics of components, writes flight software, performs Hardware-in-the-Loop testing, and validates on-orbit performance.
You will author simulations, perform stability analyses, develop and tune filters and estimators, understand, specify and test complex actuator and sensor subsystems, help to implement control algorithms in flight software, integrate and test these in Hardware-in-the-Loop simulations, monitor, debug and repair the system on-orbit, maintaining the code and system configuration throughout the project life cycle.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
· Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Physics or EE, or equivalent experience.
· 7+ years of relevant experience
· Experience in the areas of dynamics, estimation, stability and control
· Experience authoring and testing complex, mission critical scientific / mathematical software
· Experience with embedded software in hard real-time control systems.
· Experience of on-orbit spacecraft Attitude Determination and Control Systems (ADACS)
· Experience as a team leader
· Excellent communication and leadership skills
· Advanced degree in a relevant field
· Expertise with mission critical airborne (or spaceborne) flight control software
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age