Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
In this role, you will perform initial trade studies to capture element level requirements and interfaces, and support development of the detailed program and technical management plans for performance, schedule, budget and resources for the launch program. You will support strategic planning, and risk assessment and mitigation. Your work will include the launch vehicle procurement strategy, including timing, capacity, compliance with contractual obligations and deliverables. The successful candidate will also mentor senior and junior colleagues.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace, or EE, or equivalent experience
· 7+ years of relevant experience
· Experience with launch vehicle capabilities, environments, and performance
· Experience with orbital mechanics, spacecraft electrical, thermal, and mechanical environments
· Experience maintaining a business critical database documenting product life cycle
· Experience managing a team and leadership history
· Satellite – launch vehicle integration experience
· Manufacturing experience with a complex, electronic product
· High value contract administration
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age